10 REASONS TO RUN THE NATION'S CAPTIAL AT ROCK N' ROLL USA ON MARCH 15
January 13, 2014
There's not many opportunities to get a running tour of our nation's capital, but the Rock n' Roll race series is making it possible. Combine a little Rock n' Roll flare with the history and heritage of Washington, DC and you have a race you'll never forget. We've heard GREAT things about the race and we can't wait to hit the streets of DC to represent. But if you need a little more convincing, here's 10 reasons to run the nation's capital, even if you aren't a runner!
1. There's now a Mini Marathon, which will be a 5k distance. It will start and finish at the Robert F. Kennedy Stadium.
2. You might catch a glimpse of the First Family.
3. Roll like a true VIP with the race's VIP Lounge Upgrade for sale for $90. Perks include:
Reserved VIP parking at the finish line opens at 5:00am (Includes a one-way metro card for a quick ride to the start)
Indoor VIP Lounge at the Start Line (Open from 6:30am – 7:30am)
Pre-race continental breakfast with coffee, fruit and assorted breakfast breads
Access to the finish fine VIP area (open from 8:00am – 1:30pm)
Post-race catered lunch buffet and beverages, including Michelob Ultra & Gatorade
Private VIP restrooms
Private gear check
Post-race VIP shuttle back to the headquarter hotel -Washington Marriott at Metro Center (shuttle departs every hour, last shuttle run at 1:30pm)
4. What better way to get some bling and some family time. Check out this list of 100 Free (& Almost Free) Things to Do in Washington DC.
5. We all know how crazy DC parking can be. There will be prepaid Premium Parking at the Finish Line(which includes a metro pass for the ride to the start line) for sale for $20. Spots are limited.
6. There's even something for the kids! KiDS ROCK DChas been confirmed to start at noon on Sunday, March 16th. Races will be 1 mile for 1st-6th grade and ½ mile for Kindergarten.
7. The course is nothing short of amazing! Check out the full interactive course at www.runrocknroll.com/usa/course
8. Rock out at the Post-Race Concert, which will feature "The Head and The Heart"
9. Don't forget to check out one of DC's swankiest parts of town, Georgetown. Who doesn't like great shopping and great food?
10. The BGR! crew will be in full effect! Don't forget to use discount code BGR2014 for $10 OFF race registration! Hey! Every little bit helps!