I am a snack-aholic, and my weakness is any salty and crunchy snack. So, when I ran across this recipe for roasted chickpeas from the Kitchn I knew I had to try it. I wanted the snack to have a bit of a kick, so I altered the original recipe and used the spices from a chili popcorn recipe. What I like about this snack is that unlike other sugary processed snacks, these beans are more filling and not just empty calories.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Combine the oil, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and red pepper together in a small bowl
- 3. Add the chickpeas and toss to coat.
4. Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet.
5. Cook in the oven, turning often until the peas are slightly browned, about 30 minutes. I prefer my chickpeas to be less crunchy, so I only cooked mine for 25 minutes. I learned the hard way that if the beans cook too long they are hard as rocks.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.