Everyone has a story. For some it's a story of wanting something more, for others it's a story full of tears, heart and determination. In any case, each story of what makes our readers get up every day and shed sweat, and sometimes tears, in order to make a life change is phenomenal. Our series "Sole Stories" will give you a glimpse into what drives these women to change their lives and their "soles."
1. What made you decide to lose weight and how much weight have your lost? It all started with a dream. In the dream, I seen myself, and I looked awful! Literally the next morning I woke up and headed straight for the gym to receive a membership. Currently, I have lost a total of 57 lbs (I started out at 230 and now I’m down to 173). Luckily, I don’t look like I weight 173! I have dropped four dress sizes!
2. Why do you like to run? Running helps me clear my mind. I enjoy running because I always meet new people who share running tips and facts with me. Running gives me a chance to push myself further and further every mile! I’m always pushing myself to run longer, faster, and further.
3. Besides running, what other exercises are apart of your fitness routine? Spin/Cycle classes are a big part of my fitness routine. I am certified Spin Instructor. I also incorporate various weight lifting routines. My favorite machines to use in the gym are the leg press and the squat machines.
4. How has your diet changed? What are you now eating that you were not eating before? I completely got rid of all sugar in my house. One day, I literally threw everything away (candy, chips, sodas, and etc.). I was angry at myself, so I took it out on the unhealthy foods in my house! I completely cut fried food out of my diet. Also, I stopped eating McDonald’s and I rarely eat red meat.
I love salads, fruit, and low fat strawberry yogurt! I eat at least one salad a day (lunch or dinner). Now I eat low fat and low sugar foods. I’ve incorporated turkey meat into my diet.
5. What words of encouragement do you have for other women who are embracing fitness and a healthy diet? You have to be in it to win it! Get angry!!!! Anger is one emotion that brings change, and it’s up to you to decide if it will be a positive or negative change!
To achieve your goals you need a role model and someone to encourage you. Your role model should serve as your subject matter expert. They should be willing to give you insight on various exercises and even workout with you. The best thing you can have on your side is some that’s willing to encourage you. Losing weight is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. The people who encouraged me and lifted my spirits when needed ultimately helped me to achieve my personal goals.
Please remember this is a lifestyle change. I encourage you to get keep a food journal. The food journal will keep you honest with your weight loss goals. The CalorieKing books are loaded with helpful information to aid you in choosing right foods.